Hey guys! I was planning on sharing a recipe with you today but I decided to save that for tomorrow. Instead, I wanted to share some non-recipe things with you...everyone needs a little bit of Monday randomness, right?
1. Are you not allowed to smile for passport pictures anymore?! Scott and I have planned a trip overseas in November, so I recently went through the process of getting a new passport to reflect my new (married) name. I went to Walgreen's a month or so ago to get a new picture taken. Right before the guy was about to take my photo, he told me I was not allowed to smile. What? I am not a good "no smile" picture taker. Ugh. During the picture taking process I had a flashback to my college days when my roommates and I would religiously watch America's Next Top Model. Tyra Banks always used to tell the models to "smile with your eyes" aka "smize". I gave it my best smize and hoped for the best. I learned an important truth that day....I would have never made it on ANTM. Tyra would be so disappointed in my smizing. The result of no smiling + trying to "smile with my eyes" was a creepy picture of me that looked like it could have been a mug shot. I'm actually laughing out loud as I write this because it's that funny to look at...haha. Someone please tell me if not being able to smile is actually a rule, because if not, I totally have a bone to pick with that Walgreen's employee!
2. Speaking of smiling....I saw this sign on my run yesterday morning and it made me happy :)
3. I tried this "Greens with Envy" fresh pressed juice from Whole Foods this weekend and it was delicious! I am going to need to try and recreate this combo at home.
4. I have been obsessed with buying indoor plants for our place lately. I love having a fresh bouquet of flowers every once in a while, but lately I have been really drawn to green plants, mostly succulents and aloe vera. I am thinking my next purchase will be a fiddle leaf fig tree (totally jumping on the fiddle leaf fig bandwagon). I have the perfect spot for one by the window. I am looking for one like this...
5. And last but not least, here are some recipes that are on my list to make ASAP:
Stay tuned for a new recipe post tomorrow!