Grilled Peach Lime Salsa
If I had to describe this salsa in one word it would be refreshing. I am lucky I was able to photograph this recipe because we could not. stop. eating. it. Obviously, I snapped a few pics...but afterwards Scott and I devoured it pretty quickly. This salsa is addicting - in the best way possible. It is a sweet salsa with a hint of spicy kick. It is so incredibly fresh tasting thanks to the combo of delicious ingredients: peach, onion, mango, cilantro, jalapeno, lime, and salt. I want to eat this salsa everyday.
I have grilled peaches and onions before and love them both on their own, but together....yum city. Once they are grilled, they get all caramelized and delicious. Yes, please.
This salsa is extremely versatile. You can serve it with tortilla chips, tacos or burritos, or as a mix-in for sides like cooked quinoa or rice. It would also be a great marinade or topping for a fresh piece of fish.
As a side note, we don't actually have a grill at home. We don't have our own outdoor space in our current place and even if we did, our landlord doesn't allow people to grill on their balconies. Major bummer. Scott loves grilling...and I love eating grilled food! Especially in the summer time. Since we don't have our own grill (womp womp), we use a grill pan which does the trick. We use our grill pan a LOT. It's great because you get those lovely grill marks and that charred taste which we love.
I hope you enjoy this salsa as much as we do!
Grilled Peach -Lime Salsa
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 medium-large ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 2-3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the grill for direct cooking (about 400 degrees F). If using a grill pan, put on medium-high heat.
- Brush peach halves and onion slices with olive oil. Grill, turning once or twice until the peaches and onions are marked and starting to soften (5-8 minutes). The onions will take a few minutes longer than the peaches.
- Transfer to a clean cutting board and let cool for about 10 minutes. Once cooled, chop the onions and peaches and transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in mango, jalapeno, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, and salt.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for up to 2 days. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and ENJOY!