Happy Friday! I posted a pic of these waffles on Instagram last weekend and I got a lot of requests for the recipe. I thought I should share the recipe today so you can make them this weekend!
This post is going to be short and sweet...just like these waffles! This waffle recipe has been my go-to lately when we want something easy. Scott tends to like plain waffles and pancakes while I prefer more flavor/ingredient add-ins. Whenever I make waffles, I always ask Scott if he wants something fun like blueberry lemon, strawberry, peanut butter banana, chocolate raspberry swirl, etc. etc. He usually just requests plain. How boring. He likes his waffles the old fashioned way with earth balance and syrup and I like mine topped with nut butter and fruit. Perfect for both of us!
Simple and Easy Vegan Waffles
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar (turbinado, coconut sugar, or maple syrup)
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- Preheat waffle iron to your desired setting (we like ours more crispy).
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, flaxseed, baking powder, sugar, salt).
- In a small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (oil, almond milk).
- Pour wet ingredients in dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over stir!
- Pour batter onto waffle iron (I use about 1/4 - 1/3 cup) and cook until golden brown.
*I always double this recipe and freeze any leftovers to use for quick breakfasts when I'm in a hurry.
*This recipe is designed for traditional waffle irons, not Belgian waffle irons.