These pancakes are EVERYTHING.
Without everything in them.
You with me?
These pancakes are officially my new favorite Sunday breakfast. They are just so easy! And SO good. They only have 8 simple ingredients which happen to be ingredients I always have on hand. That means I can make these guys anytime. Hey Scott, get ready for banana pancakes galore. I have a feeling he won't be upset about that ;)
With no added sugar, plenty of fiber from the old fashioned oats, and tons of banana flavor from two whole bananas, these pancakes are a home run. They are so light and fluffy, almost reminding me of banana bread. This recipe is yet another example that sometimes simple is better, especially when it comes to food. And especially when it comes to healthy pancakes!
Easy Vegan Banana Pancakes
| Makes about 8, 4-inch pancakes |
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 Tbsp water)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or flour of your choice)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- Create flax egg: combine ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl, stir and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Warm a pan over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Then spread a little canola or coconut oil over the bottom of the pan using a paper towel. If using a griddle, heat to between 300-350 degrees (F).
- In a large bowl, add flour, rolled oats, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas using a fork. Add the almond milk and vanilla and stir until well mixed.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, careful not to over-mix.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto the lightly greased pan/griddle. If your pan is large enough, you can cook 2 or 3 at a time. Wait about 2 minutes until you see bubbles form. Flip and cook for another 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown. *You can keep the first batch of pancakes warm by putting them into a preheated oven at 200 degrees (F) until ready to serve.
- To serve, I suggest some blueberries and pure maple syrup. But top however you wish - nut butter is always a great choice. Enjoy!!