Spiced Oatmeal Pear Bake
If you follow me on Instagram, you might have noticed that I love breakfast. It may even be safe to say that it is my favorite meal. That's a tough call though because I obviously love EVERY meal. But seriously, breakfast is my jam. And this breakfast is one of my favorites. If you are an oatmeal fan, this is a great change from your "normal" oatmeal bowl.
I like oatmeal bakes a lot because they are easy to prepare and visually appealing which makes them great if you are hosting a brunch...or just like to eat pretty food! This is a breakfast you can enjoy year round because of the delicious flavor combos. The oatmeal bake itself is warm and cozy but the sliced pear on top brings a light and fresh element to it. It's the type of breakfast you can eat in fuzzy jammies and slippers in the cooler months or sitting outside on your balcony while slurping a fresh cup of iced coffee in the warmer months. This oatmeal bake = instant happiness....and makes your whole house smell AMAZING. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
Whenever you decide to make this, you will be glad you did. It's one of those breakfasts that you feel good about because it's filled with wholesome and nourishing ingredients AND because your whole family will love it. If you want to save time in the morning you can certainly make it the night before, it reheats beautifully. Just add the sliced pear in the morning and you will be all set!
Spiced Oatmeal Pear Bake (GF + V)
|Serves 6 large slices or 8 smaller slices |
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1.5 cups + 3 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted + small amount for greasing pan
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger spice
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Pinch of salt
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degreen (F).
- Lightly grease cast iron pan (or pan of your choice) with coconut oil.
- Combine all ingredients, except pears, into a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour oat mixture into the lightly greased skillet and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until the top is lightly golden and the oatmeal feels springy.
- Arrange thinly sliced pears on top of the oatmeal bake.
*Take it to the next level by enjoying it with a spoonful of your favorite nut butter!
*Feel free to top the oatmeal bake with the pears before baking it. I enjoy the freshness of the ripe, juicy raw pears but it would be delicious with baked pears too.
*Substituting another milk should work fine in this recipe.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!