YOU GUYS. Pumpkin season is upon us! I can't even contain my excitement.
Pretty much every food blogger is obsessed with pumpkin and I am one of them. I have absolutely no shame in my game. I just can't get enough. I may or may not have bought 10 cans of pumpkin last week. I may or may not have used almost all of my pumpkin stash already.
Can you blame me?
Pumpkin is one of those things that you just can't not like. Pumpkins are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals, high in fiber, and are a good source of vitamins A, C, E, magnesium, potassium, and iron. Pumpkin is also very low in fat and calories which makes it great for adding to a variety of things. I have been drinking pumpkin pie smoothies LIKE IT'S MY JOB lately.
I have also been making these pumpkin spice energy bites on repeat. I talk to a lot of my clients about energy bites. I think they are the perfect little snack! Energy bites are easy to make, portable to carry, and obviously delicious and healthy. I have gotten a few requests for energy bite recipes that don't require using a food processor. Most of the previous energy bite recipes I have shared (here, here, and here) have required the use of a food processor. But get excited...this recipe does not! All that is required is a bowl and a spoon. Easy peasy.
These little balls taste like a big slice of heaven. The recipe uses all real food ingredients and is very low in sugar. It has a wonderful combination of good-for-you carbs, protein, and healthy fat which makes it a dynamite snack. I usually have 1 or 2 of these little guys around 3pm at work which prevents me from getting super hangry and eating everything in sight the moment I get home. We've all been there, right? My 3pm snack is vital! And these bites are my favorite go-to.
No bake: Check
Less than 15 minutes to make: Check
Freakin' delicious: CHECK
Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites (V + GF)
| Makes ~18-20 balls |
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (plus more to taste if desired)
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- pinch of salt
- In a medium sized bowl combine all of the ingredients. Stir together until thoroughly combined.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Roll the mixture into approximately 1 inch sized balls.
- Store the energy bites in an airtight container.
* Feel free to substitute spices for 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice if desired.
* Use pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie mix.
* These bites can last about a month in the freezer.